my clutch woes

Porter Gieske portergieske at me.com
Thu Feb 18 15:27:11 EST 2021

Id like to start by being grateful- thanks for all of the smart responses about my clutch issue.
No right answers here, so I’ll just say what my plan is at this point.  Please do not hate on my choice.
I am going to swap out all of the parts as a set.  Im not sending the clutch out to Southland.
The way in which the plate carrier was fused to the pins and the condition of the friction plate cause me to just wish for new components that are new.
Because nothing would budge, I pried a flat screwdriver between the diaphragm spring and the friction plate, to lever off the carrier plate.
I visibly saw the carrier plate bending, warping itself on the stuck pins as I levered it off.  I know that the friction plate is in need of replacement, but, if the intent is
that the rest of these components to be flat, well, I know that they are not.  A new spring is smart as well.
So, while I could sand off and clean the rest of the parts, it is worth the peace of mind (to me) to know that I will have quality components that will last.

thanks!