[MDairheads] Hearing Protection in MD - NRR spec.??

romefelt romefelt at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 2 22:48:01 EST 2020

Mark,
That is the great ambiguity. You can completely block one ear, but must have the ability to hear horns and sirens, if you block both.   Sure would be easier, if a not-to-exceed NRR could be established instead.  Maybe something we should petition our legislators to enact ?

Even though I ride with the Earpeace's with the middle level NRR, and carry a copy of their data sheet with my registration and insurance card, I still worry about how someone could "spin" this subjective requirement to my detriment:  "yes your Honor, I know that my client was speeding at twice the posted limit, ran a red light and blew a .23 on the breathalyzer, but that hooligan Romefelt was wearing illegal ear plugs"

Sent from my iPad