[MDairheads] Technobarn Tech Day will not be happenning on April 25th

Sailorcto sailorcto at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 05:15:29 EDT 2020

Chris,

Sad to hear this but an absolutely correct call. I look forward to catching up with everyone when we get through this.

https://www.ted.com/talks/bill_gates_the_next_outbreak_we_re_not_ready/up-next?language=en
Bill Gates, 5-years ago.

Be safe, stay sane and sensible.

—TonyB

> On Mar 30, 2020, at 19:13, Chris Kennedy via MDAirheads <mdairheads at casano.com> wrote:

Good Evening Lads and Lassies,

It is with great reluctance, sadness and all round total disappointment that
we are cancelling Technobarn. Governor Hogan's mandate announced today has
forced my hand but at the same time I am very pleased that he is at the helm
of our state. The governors address today removed any slight thoughts I had
that the event may go forward and I think the measure, though filled with
hardship, was the correct way forward.

This is not the end of Technobarn or other gatherings on the Ridge. We can
see how things unfold and should the opportunity provide itself we are open
to alternatives.

I was thinking of waiting till the 1st of April to make the announcement but
at this stage there is no fooling around. This event has always been a
highlight of my year. Bridget has always been amazing providing
uncomplaining background support, entertaining the troops and allowing us to
wrench to our hearts content. The opportunity to congregate with so many
great friends in one day is very unique.

This year would have also been a special celebration for me personally. I am
hoping this can now translate in to another celebration that every one of
you and your families remain safe and come out the other side healthy and
stronger for the experience.

Keep the faith and keep riding. I am.

Cheers Chris

 _____

<https://home.mcafee.com/utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-e
mail&utm_content=emailclient?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=s
ig-email&utm_content=emailclient>    Scanned by McAfee
<https://home.mcafee.com/utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-e
mail&utm_content=emailclient?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=s
ig-email&utm_content=emailclient>  and confirmed virus-free.