[MDairheads] Garminâ?~s birthday sale

Mike Cecchini mrc.engr at verizon.net
Thu Sep 19 14:30:25 EDT 2019

It's been my experience that Garmin special sale models are not the ones you
really want.

If you are one that likes to plan-out point to point turn by turn rides on your
pc and download them to your GPS, then for the time being a GPS is what you want
to keep using.

For the rest of us where it's all about the ride and really don't care where we
are or where we go, then a smart phone running Goggle maps and WAZE (great for
mapping and seeing where the cops are in live reports from other WAZE
users).....is the way to go.

Like many here I still have Garmin's in my car & on my bikes.....but using them
less and less as they are less reliable & more prone to errors vs live Goggle
maps & WAZE....both free on my iPhone......so why spend $200--$800 on another
Garmin?

Btw......once you program a trip on your smart phone in Google maps & WAZE with
cell service or home WiFi (or any McDonalds) ......even when you loose cell
service the maps are on your phone and will continue to work....and will hook
back up to the next cell service area you get into.  My 5 yr old iPhone does
this.

$.02