[MDairheads] 1966 BMW R-27 single idle problems

Dale vaairhead at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 24 08:54:53 EDT 2019

A r50 or r60/5 carb can be used with very good results. It's a easy modification and few will notice.
D/C

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Wed, Oct 23, 2019 at 3:47 PM, Alan & Karen Brown via MDAirheads<mdairheads at casano.com> wrote:   Walt-

Those carbs have an accelerator pump in them. They seem to fail at their
vintage age. A careful pull apart can sometimes rescue them, but most
times the internal spring is broken. Unfortunately they are very pricey.

I'm in the process of getting my '66 R27 on the road. Just replaced the
muffler silent block (hanger) and finishing up the rear wheel bearings.

Alan Browne
Garretts Mill, MD
"Garage of the Living Dead"