[MDairheads] [DC_BMW] Re: Summer Soltice Gathering. A big thanks

Max Holland mxh at juno.com
Mon Jun 24 13:26:59 EDT 2019

Dale and all the guys,

I wanted to thank you again for inviting me to your fraternity. I don't think I've done so much male bonding since I last played competitive softball, which is longer ago than I care to think.

This was the first time I had ever attended such a gathering. I guess I previously thought of motorcycling and attending to one's motorcycle as a solitary experience. In my day, one bought one's parts from Capitol Cycle on Champlain Street NW (a bad neighborhood in those days) and found a good mechanic when one had to do something more complicated than changing fluids or seats or a tire.

I learned a lot by observing, especially how you guys handled the misfiring R65. The technology has changed from the /2s I favor, but basic principles remain.

It was heartwarming to see a young guy interested in a accessible motorcycle that he could actually work on; it was even more rewarding to see you all selflessly try, in turns, to help him out. I had to leave before it was running smoothly but I assume you finally triumphed.

I'm looking forward to the next gathering, and hope to ride there. If not, Chris can drive and I'll sit in the sidecar.

A few of you asked me what kind of article I write. I'll send two in a separate email that you can delete if not interested.

Regards,

Max
http://www.maxholland.info/
www.washingtondecoded.com/