[MDairheads] [PAAirheads] Grimes

Mike Adams flymikebike at gmail.com
Thu Aug 8 14:56:32 EDT 2019

Today marks 2 weeks since my open heart surgery; the rebuilt ticker
improves each day.

As a Airhead and GA pilot, Grimes is one of my favorite seasonal
gatherings, one I look forward to each year, rain or shine.  I was glad to
see you all had what appeared to be perfect weather this year.

Suffice it to say I was more than overwhelmed when I received via a text
the pic of all you sending me cheer with salute, *(my favorite the single
finger salutation).*

I was also sent an early morning classified pic of PA Air marshal Rob in
the prone position on a picnic table cutting Z’s, and our MD leader Will in
a contorted sleeping state whilst sitting at an adjacent table.  I’m more
than pleased to see that Rob has maintained his tradition of forgoing tent
for the rock hard surface of a table at Grimes, while many of us marvel at
Will’s ability to sleep most anywhere for a night and maintain a semblance
of function at sunrise.

I’m told that all were treated to two airshows with the Christian Eagle
using smoke during one performance.  My helmet’s off to the fellow who
dared to partake of the high G’s maneuvers  ride those sport planes can put
you through; there’d be a technicolor yawn if it were me as passenger.

I noticed a few new faces in the crowd pic and hope to meet you when I
return next year so that you can come face to face with the mystery airhead
for whom you sent good cheer.

Peace,….......ride on,

Mike Adams

Arlington, VA