[MDairheads] Neighborhood Pig Roast Saturday May 11, 2019 3:00 PM til...

Maryland Airheads marylandairheads at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 10:16:11 EDT 2019

Hedz,

We are doing it again...

Five years ago Mike DiPietro, Robert Wack, and I hatched a plan to build a
block cooker in Mike's backyard and roast an entire pig.  We thought it
would be a good way to bring the neighborhood together and invite friends
and family for a large backyard party.  The idea was kicked around a bit,
and carried out with tremendous support from Sue, Lisa, and Laura (our
wonderful wives) along with many friends, and neighbors.

This is our fifth year hosting the event and it really has been a lot of
fun.

Each year we roast an entire pig, some chicken, and also have burgers and
hot dogs for the kids.  We put the pig in the cooker Friday evening, cover
it, and slow roast it over hardwood for about 18 hours.

The next morning we fill my canoe with a few hundred pounds of ice and
beverages for kids and adults. We ask people bring a side dish to share and
whatever particular beverages you enjoy or would like to share. We have
chilled trays to keep cold foods cool.

The party is family friendly. We have yard games for the kids including
volleyball, badminton, corn-hole, and whatever else they may want to play;
so please feel free to bring them along- children, adults, spouses,
significant others, etc...  It generally goes late with a backyard
bonfire...

We host about 150 people throughout the day. It's a great way to spend a
spring afternoon, meet new people, and enjoy some great food.

This year we have settled on May 11th for the day and usually get started
around 3:00 PM or so.

And.. this year my daughter Mae is in the middle school production of Annie
Jr. that same day with a 2:00 PM matinee performance, so I will likely make
it back to the pig roast around 4:15 or so... That's about the time we will
pull the pig from the cooker.

We live in downtown Westminster and we host the event in Mike and Sue
Dipietro's back yard just up the street from our house.

Details:

Saturday May 11, 2019
3:00ish PM until ?

Address:

90 W Green Street
Westminster, Maryland 21157
(three houses up the street from where we live)

Give me a head's up if you're coming so we can gauge the size of the pig we
must secure...

All the Best,

Will Andalora
Maryland Airmarshal
ABC 11737
410.596.0812
www.airheads.org

Maryland Airheads Online Calendar:
*https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=marylandairheads%40gmail.com&ctz=America/New_York
<https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=marylandairheads%40gmail.com&ctz=America/New_York>*

Mark Lipschitz: In Memorium  https://photos.app.goo.gl/X2aoBC2ezrzPMZxr5

Google Photos Links to Maryland Airhead Events

2018 Last Days of Summer https://photos.app.goo.gl/fC2sHqgctx1MV9gw5
2018 Summer Solstice Tech Weekend
https://photos.app.goo.gl/YhLFV2AUHr2A6vWR7
2018 TecnhoBarn https://photos.app.goo.gl/mwbNEFZBDM2sAetJ3
2018 Supertech 2.3 https://photos.app.goo.gl/PLn3L34iSenMLnMR2
2018 Supertech 2.3 Museum Tour Day
https://photos.app.goo.gl/2cJl3ylJbNaUVG2A3
2017 Last Days of Summer https://photos.app.goo.gl/JEVvywZREED7OptL2
2017 Golden Age of Airheads https://goo.gl/photos/nQkpXFtvxHmwLDek8
2017 Summer Solstice Tech Day  https://goo.gl/photos/qN2YsweKParKqvXQ8
2017 Rolling Rally  *https://goo.gl/photos/KJT2wXuH6eTM19wU6
<https://goo.gl/photos/KJT2wXuH6eTM19wU6>*
2017 TechnoBarn  https://goo.gl/photos/j1f8tByCfVaBnCUKA
2017 SuperTech 2.2  https://goo.gl/photos/XrckZWXUDRdgJGjk6
2016 Last Days of Summer  https://goo.gl/photos/nYfKa6TabUay714h9
2016 Tom's Tech Day   https://goo.gl/photos/dmh5pktuHvUuvAwH9
2016 Passing of the Airmarshal Flag https://goo.gl/photos/u429MPzKALcJeuF79
2016 Summer Solstice Tech Day  https://goo.gl/photos/SkV19aC4Qc6vJTL78
2016 Rolling Rally  https://goo.gl/photos/ZuNcyMc2DMcrghXP6
2016 SuperTech 2.1  https://goo.gl/photos/Tdg86q3VsR87FdCF8
2015 Last Days of Summer  https://goo.gl/photos/w1XEMp9EkamucpK19
2015 Rolling Rally  https://goo.gl/photos/GKYhLDgV4VC4jUcZ9
2015 SuperTech 2.0  https://goo.gl/photos/oq99m9x492qFFbGR6
2014 Last Days of Summer  https://goo.gl/photos/WSmGi4YhUrHjY8Xt7

Note:  If you are a Gmail user, you can permanently add these albums to
your Google Photo Account. If not, you can simply reference the tag line of
emails from Maryland Airheads to access the albums. These albums are
shared, so people can add images to them.  Some folders are set up, but do
not contain images yet.  Feel free to add relevant images and if you want
to add additional images from another event, we can create albums to
support new or past events.