[MDairheads] [PAAirheads] LDoS

Jim McKinna jmcbell6608 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 13:20:56 EDT 2018

Woods?  Dirt?

There are miles and miles of dirt roads in various states of repair - non repair.  Exit the campground and turn right.  Go 100’ and there you are.  I posted via Will, to the list of registered riders, a couple of circuits on the local dirt roads run a few years ago by an off road group.  I’m bringing a few maps of the routes to distribute.  You could also have a look at:

http://dnr.maryland.gov/forests/Documents/GRSF_map.pdf

The campground is in the forest.
No mater where you go out there there is plenty of dirt!

A fun thing I have done is go directly north then try and find ways to go West.  There is an intervening mountain.  Roads exist but are dirt.  On one of them you come across an old covered bridge.  I do not generally route rides there except on a couple of established roads due to past reticence among the riders to travel dirt roads.  Sounds like the younger crowd is hungry for some dirt!

One thing to keep in mind is that the park has been closed to bikes before because of damage from those riding off the established trails/roads.  No idea what the fine might be.

Jim McKinna