[MDairheads] tire mounting

Jim McKinna jmcraftsman at netscape.net
Fri Sep 7 15:22:03 EDT 2018

What Charlie said!

Rusty is a wiz at changing and balancing.

Last time I went I saw they sold that product Mike C recommends, Ride On.  A liquid tire balancer and sealant.  I asked if any of them had used it and they said no they had not.  Rusty mounted my new Avon tire on my front rim for the R75 and said he did not balance it.  Let him know how the Ride On worked, he said.  A few weeks later was the Clarksburg Classic MC Day. As I was cruising up 270 I began wondering why all the traffic was going so slow.  Glancing at my speedometer I was very surprised to see I was hitting 80.  Was it the new tire or the Ride On?  I’ve had a good number of tires on that bike over the years.  It had never felt that vibration free before.  I’m running RO in all four bikes now.

If you are curious, there are YouTube videos of people demonstrating driving over nail and screw imbedded boards and the tire maintaining pressure.

I think Cycles charges around $25 for the tire change.  I usually buy my tube from them.

Jim McKinna