[MDairheads] Exhaust Port Thread now angle

Jim Wilson vinceotter49 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 11:52:21 EDT 2018

 *if it were mine I would grab a triangle shaped file out of the tool box
and get busy. *

As i mentioned in an earlier reply a simple hardware store file,
 ...... a Triangle file may well have the WRONG thread angle &  pitch   and
thus using one will complicate your problems and eliminate ever more
threads than you want.   you've lost enough already.    many may not know
that  a bolt makes about 60-70% contact [ depth of engagement / contact of
two mating threads, measured radially ] .
 ]  with it's mated thread when engaged.  80 Plus would be
almost impossible to thread / unthread.

screw3.gif <http://www.boltscience.com/images/screw3.gif>
80deg.gif <https://mdmetric.com/tech/80deg.gif>
thread.gif <http://www.efunda.com/designstandards/screws/images/thread.gif>
images
<https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQNpGFQZC2VUU4rxXq3MXhdXm2wsWpXyMDDwj-BXvAv532vcIYF>
WhitworthStandardThreadForm.jpg
<https://jrcengineering.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/WhitworthStandardThreadForm.jpg>
400px-ISO_and_UTS_Thread_Dimensions.svg.png
<https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/4b/ISO_and_UTS_Thread_Dimensions.svg/400px-ISO_and_UTS_Thread_Dimensions.svg.png>

But here again          it's your bike and you can do what you want.

disclaimer:

*NOT* for so called guru's to read