[MDairheads] Exhaust Port Thread Question

b_line750 at verizon.net b_line750 at verizon.net
Mon Aug 20 16:46:11 EDT 2018

  Looking at the picture, I agree, if it were mine I would grab a triangle shaped file out of the tool box and get busy.  A careful hand should be sufficiant for bringing definition back to the misshapen portions.  Neither file nor die will restore the pitch to its full major diameter.  But a proper shape can be restored without spending a buck.   All ISO Metric threads are set at 60 degrees.  Most every triangle shaped file on the planet is also set at 60 degrees.  Aluminum is quick to clog the cutting surface of a file.  A coarse single cut is best, rub chalk on the file first, this will help prevent it from becoming clogged with every stroke.

  As Mike has mentioned, use the new nut to further caress the repaired threads.

 Happy fiddling.

    Bill.