[MDairheads] Exhaust Port Thread Question

Chris Kennedy chrisk224 at comcast.net
Mon Aug 20 13:49:54 EDT 2018

Afternoon Kevin,

Your cutting the exhaust collar to protect the flange was certainly the
right thing to do in your case. The damage looking at the photo is certainly
minimal and could be addressed by using an appropriate file and some careful
dressing. A die is the best way to go. I did a quick online check and you
can find 52 X 2 mm dies on ebay for around $65. Deeper digging may get you a
used one for less.

If you use either go slowly and I recommend just use the die by hand. It's
all it should need.

Cheers Chris