[MDairheads] MD Last Days of Summer September 20-23, 2018

Maryland Airheads marylandairheads at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 14:37:22 EDT 2018

Hedz,

We're doing it again and I haven't seen much list chatter, so please
register if you haven't already so we can get our food counts together. If
you already registered, thank you.  I'll put a list together of
registrations received and email it out at the beginning of September after
Labor Day.

All the Best,

Will Andalora
Maryland Airmarshal
ABC 11737
410.596.0812
www.airheads.org

LAST DAYS OF SUMMER

The Maryland Airheads invite all Airheads, riders and passengers on
airheads, and all who enjoy motorcycling to the Last Days of Summer. This
is our fifth year hosting the event!

This year, feel free to show up again Thursday to pitch camp, enjoy the
evening, and then spend a full day riding Friday. The area offers fantastic
pavement riding and Green Ridge State Park to the south and east offers
plenty of gravel for GS riders.

We’ll be at the Little Orleans Campground again where we have secured the
same large group tent-camping area and pavilion for gathering, relaxing,
and general merriment.  RV and cabin sites are also available, but you need
to contact the campground directly to secure a separate if you want to go
that route.

We’ll be ready to go starting around noon on Thursday, September 20th with
coolers for beverages, but’s that about it.  That evening we will probably
ride a short distance to Bill’s Place in Little Orleans for dinner, or you
can do whatever you like.  The idea is to get out there a day early and get
some more riding in on Friday.

We will provide dinner Friday and Saturday evenings, and we’ll have coffee
and lite breakfasts all Saturday and Sunday mornings. Not sure what we’ll
serve this year, but if the last two years are any indication, it should be
worth the ride.

Getting there from just about anywhere should be a lot of fun. Interstate
68 runs east / west about six miles north of Little Orleans, but that’s
probably the least interesting way to get there. GPS coordinates for Little
Orleans, according to Garmin’s City Navigator, are N39 37.717  W78 23.369.
That will get you close.  From Little Orleans, take Orleans RD SE northwest
out of town.  Bear right/north onto Oldtown Orleans RD SE. After about a ¼
mile make a right hand turn into the campground. The campground’s website
is: http://www.littleorleanscampground.com/ Their address is: 31661 Green
Forest Dr., S.E., Little Orleans, MD 21766 and their phone number is:
301-478-2325

The cost for the weekend is $45.00.  We limit the registration 60 people
which helps maintain a casual uncrowded atmosphere, and a manageable number
for food preparation. We’ll also have rally T-shirts available for $15.00
while they last, unless you pre-order which guarantees you get the size you
want. MD Airmarshal Will Andalora is handling the registration again this
year. Send him a check or pay via PayPal (please use pay option to pay a
friend to avoid service charges - MarylandAirheads at gmail.com).

Make checks payable to Maryland Airheads and mail them to 84 ½ W Green
Street, Westminster, MD 21157. Please include your email address and phone
number, so we can reach out to you if needed.  Jim McKinna usually makes a
series of GPS mapped riding routes available for download. We may also be
able to get some off-road routes for folks this year. We also push out
information through email as the event approaches, so your contact
information is helpful for that. Any questions, just email Will at
MarylandAirheads at gmail.com or call him at (410) 596-0812.

Will Andalora
Maryland Airmarshal
ABC 11737
410.596.0812
www.airheads.org

Maryland Airheads Online Calendar:
*https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=marylandairheads%40gmail.com&ctz=America/New_York
<https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=marylandairheads%40gmail.com&ctz=America/New_York>*

Google Photos Links to Maryland Airhead Events
2018 TecnhoBarn https://photos.app.goo.gl/mwbNEFZBDM2sAetJ3
2018 Supertech 2.3 https://photos.app.goo.gl/PLn3L34iSenMLnMR2
2018 Supertech 2.3 Museum Tour Day
https://photos.app.goo.gl/2cJl3ylJbNaUVG2A3
2017 Last Days of Summer https://photos.app.goo.gl/JEVvywZREED7OptL2
2017 Golden Age of Airheads https://goo.gl/photos/nQkpXFtvxHmwLDek8
2017 Summer Solstice Tech Day  https://goo.gl/photos/qN2YsweKParKqvXQ8
2017 Rolling Rally  *https://goo.gl/photos/KJT2wXuH6eTM19wU6
<https://goo.gl/photos/KJT2wXuH6eTM19wU6>*
2017 TechnoBarn  https://goo.gl/photos/j1f8tByCfVaBnCUKA
2017 SuperTech 2.2  https://goo.gl/photos/XrckZWXUDRdgJGjk6
2016 Last Days of Summer  https://goo.gl/photos/nYfKa6TabUay714h9
2016 Tom's Tech Day   https://goo.gl/photos/dmh5pktuHvUuvAwH9
2016 Passing of the Airmarshal Flag https://goo.gl/photos/u429MPzKALcJeuF79
2016 Summer Solstice Tech Day  https://goo.gl/photos/SkV19aC4Qc6vJTL78
2016 Rolling Rally  https://goo.gl/photos/ZuNcyMc2DMcrghXP6
2016 SuperTech 2.1  https://goo.gl/photos/Tdg86q3VsR87FdCF8
2015 Last Days of Summer  https://goo.gl/photos/w1XEMp9EkamucpK19
2015 Rolling Rally  https://goo.gl/photos/GKYhLDgV4VC4jUcZ9
2015 SuperTech 2.0  https://goo.gl/photos/oq99m9x492qFFbGR6
2014 Last Days of Summer  https://goo.gl/photos/WSmGi4YhUrHjY8Xt7

Note:  If you are a Gmail user, you can permanently add these albums to
your Google Photo Account. If not, you can simply reference the tag line of
emails from Maryland Airheads to access the albums. These albums are
shared, so people can add images to them.  Some folders are set up, but do
not contain images yet.  Feel free to add relevant images and if you want
to add additional images from another event, we can create albums to
support new or past events.