[MDairheads] The almost ultimate minimalist Airhead toolkit ?

Will Andalora will_andalora at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 12 12:09:48 EDT 2018

I don't differentiate between what I need for local or distance- other than for a thousand mile trip I'll carry a spare rotor and diode board.  Everything else lives on the bike.  I keep it well tuned and work on it proactively to avoid the maintenance issues that will cause problems.  Of course, things go wrong still on these bikes and I have generally been able to get myself and my bike home with what I had on hand (or purchased). Most of what I carry has been used for other riders along the way- spare clutch cables, spark plugs, points, tubes, etc..

I don't dislike tool rolls, but I find the tray under the seat will hold a lot more tools when they are not in a tool roll.  My bike also has storage under the cowl seat which I use as well.

I did a presentation at Supertech in 2017 about this.  If anyone is interested, the link to the presentation is below. It includes a list of tool and spares I carry. I don't always have all of this with me, but a lot of it lives on the bike and rests packed in travel cases I take on longer trips.

It is not the ultimate minimalist tool kit.  That would be a credit card and a cell phone!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_8qs6fSJQh153MjHVw2ietJcLooveHRn/view?usp=sharing

[https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/aipXeW3CsPOWHYNrX4z1LnZb2v54ANxNhy0ahksTtpGhF9p_myL5iWrml6o=w1200-h630-p]<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_8qs6fSJQh153MjHVw2ietJcLooveHRn/view?usp=sharing>

Airheads on the Road.pdf<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_8qs6fSJQh153MjHVw2ietJcLooveHRn/view?usp=sharing>
drive.google.com