Changes to HGHS69 mailing list

William F. Dudley Jr. bill at dudley.nu
Sun May 10 17:45:18 EDT 2020

Classmates,

As part of a project to make my mail server, "casano.com", more
standards compliant (and hence have more of my email accepted
by other mail servers), I have modified your mailing list as
follows:

The "Subject" field will no longer be automatically prefixed by [hghs69].

The "From" field will show the original "From" value of the person who sent
the message.  (Formerly it would say "real-name via hghs69".)

Their will no longer be a message footer added that has instructions for
unsubscribing.  However, this information is in the message headers, and
your email client (Outlook, etc) should have a button that says "unsubscribe
from this mailing list" somewhere.

To reply to the entire mailing list, use "Reply-All" in your mail client.
(This is not a change, as that was the prior setting for your list.)
The default "Reply" behaviour will be to reply to only the message poster.

Bill Dudley
list administrator