Gathering of the Clans

Duck Koch georgiaairmarshal at gmail.com
Mon May 11 10:26:15 EDT 2020

FROM CHARLIE SMITH:

Airheads,

  I had phone conversations with all who are involved in putting on the
Gathering last night and all had some form of saying we need to cancel.

  Although NC is in the process of implementing phase one of opening up,
the guidelines restrict gatherings of more than ten people, It may be
different a month from now, it could be wide open....or it could go back to
lock down. The uncertainty is a problem.

  There are also two major risks involved. Risk one is being a point of
transmission. We like the folks who come to the Gathering, and we don't
want to take the chance of them getting infected there. The second risk is
financial. Last years washout depleted our rally fund. We normally plan for
130-150 people, food for that size group for two meals is not cheap. This
year there is no way to project how many folks would venture out.

  Just from the number of emails and phone calls I have gotten, I know
folks are craving a road trip and and social gathering (as opposed to
distancing). We would like nothing better than to offer that opportunity,
but it ain't happening this year. However, you could contact a few friends,
select a destination, and have your own mini rally. Take some photos, write
a couple of paragraphs and send it to BJan for the Airmail. "What I did
instead of the Gathering of the Clans", Brent Hollowell , owner of the camp
ground we use for the Gathering, told me he would be open for business, but
you will be responsible for your own food and beverage.

  Please use your mailing lists, facebook, or other social media you use to
pass this information along to folks who might not look at the calendar on
the Airheads web page.

  Hey folks, stay healthy, be happy and with any luck at all, we will have
the Gathering next year.

  Charlie #13

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>