[dvnr] Notes of September 16 Membership Meeting

Daniel Sellers dsellerspa at verizon.net
Tue Sep 18 21:03:15 EDT 2018

Recap of DVNR Meetng of Sept. 16 2018

Sunday morning began as a great day for a motorcycle ride to our monthly meeting. A great ride with little traffic even after missing the turn off Rt 202 (I miss it every time) I arrived at Jacks with cars in the street and bikes everywhere in the driveway. Members were meandering around checing out the wheels. Jack and Kathleen Kimple hosted our September meeting in their usual grand style after planning and preparing a fabulous lunch complete with tasty dessert. Seventeen members and two guests were in attendance.

President George called the meeting to order before lunch while everyone was assembled on the back deck. George announced that the nomination of officers would take place this month because next months meeting is scheduled at Steve Rorer's storage facility. Club members grabbed their adult beverages and caucused to present their best nomination. George Roetenberg was nominated as President, Dan Sellers nominated as Treasurer and Ken Kopec was nominated as Secretary/ Legislative Officer all for 2019. No other names were nominated. With no opposition there will be no election necessary.

Treasurer Dan (me) gave a financial wrap up of the 2018 Gathering of the Nortons. This was the same report presented to the membership at the Red Horse Hunt Club June meeting. The club suffered a loss of  $ 1,281 but we have enough tee shirts for next year's gathering. The clubs financial report indicated the club finances are sound for another year.

George reviewed the meeting schedule up to and including April of 2019.

Oct 21. Meeting at the home of Steve and Jonna Royer in Oley PA to view his motorcycle collection that is up for sale. The Royers will provide lunch for our meeting. The address will be emailed a week prior to the meeting.

Nov 18. Bob Katz will host the meeting at his home in Glenside PA. Bob hasn't announced what project will be on the lift(s)(3) at the date of the meeting. It's always interesting to see what Bob is up to. There are several candidates for work at the present time.

Dec 15. Frank Mohr has offered to host this year's DVNR Christmas Party. This is the third Saturday of December. Be sure to mark your calendar. The Christmas Party is something you don't want to miss! More details to follow. Yes George, this is a change of date since Sunday.

January 20, 2019 - Host needed. Let George know if you would like to host a meeting of 20 to 30 DVNR members. If we have no host we will meet at a local tavern for lunch. We will keep you informed.

Feb. 17, 2019. David Behnken will host at his home in Bloomsbury NJ. Dave has LOTS of motorcycle toys to look at. Dave wanted some help with the food so Ken Kopec offered to make and bring Chilli for the lunch. This will be something new to look forward to.

March 17, 2019. Todd Robertson will host at his home in Phillipsburg NJ. Traditionally this meeting will conclude the final plans for the April "Gathering". Todd is well known among DVNR members as the Chilli master. Lets see whats up.

April ? 2019 Norton Tune Up Day. Frank Mohr stated that he would be open to doing the annual "Tune Up Day" prior the the "Gathering of the Nortons". More details to follow.

April 21, 2019. The third Sunday of April is Easter Sunday. This is the traditional date of our “Gathering”. We will need to decide upon an alternate date, likely April 28.We don't have a commitment from Washington Crossing Park for any date at this time.

Our meeting was adjourned in order. Lunch, adult beverage and story telling followed until late afternoon.

Respectfully Submitted
Dan Sellers
DVNR Treasurer/Membership Secretary